Raku Sushi – Delicious recipes
Tuna and Prawn Sushi
– 12 lrg cooked prawns shelled, deveined, tails left intact
– 2 tsp wasabi powder
– 125 gm sashimi, (fresh) tuna
– 1 sht nori, (seaweed), cut Into strips
– soy sauce
– 1 x 500 gram sho grain rice
– 2 1/2 cup water
– 4 tbs rice vinegar
– 2 tbs sweet sake or sherry
– 2 tbs sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
Remove pan from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
– Place vinegar, sake, sugar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
– Turn rice out into a large shallow dish, pour over vinegar mixture and toss gently until rice has cooled to room temperature. Take a tablespoon of rice in your hand and gently squeeze it to form a neat oval. Repeat with remaining rice to make 24 ovals.
– Split prawns on the underside taking care not to cut all the way through and flatten them out. Mix wasabi powder with a few drops of water to make a smooth paste and dab a little on each rice oval. Top 12 rice ovals with prawns.
– Cut tuna into 12 2×4cm strips 5 mm thick. Top remaining rice ovals with tuna strips. Wrap a strip of nori (seaweed), if you’re using it,around each sushi. Serve sushi with soy sauce for dipping.